Monday, June 25, 2018

Happiness


   Everyone strives to be happy. I think, though, that everyone strives to be happy all the time- and that is just not possible. The goal should be happy more than any other negative feeling. In my mind, when you grew up the negative feelings would slowly disappear until happy was something you felt more often than not. 
 
 It just kind of was a shock to me when I realized I don't think I know anyone who is happy more than any other feeling. Every adult I know is often more stressed, or depressed than happy. 

   It makes me wonder if the true happiness everyone strives for just doesn't exist and we all just cling to the fleeting moments of happiness we do get. Happiness can give you an on top of the world feeling, but can we really feel that all the time? If you think we can, tell me who you know that is happy more than anything else. 

  Change my mind, tell me I'm wrong, tell me someone other than children have the possibility of being happy all the time. 

  I don't mean this in a, 'I've given up' kind of way. This realization also brought the one of, no one is happy all of the time. That one is obvious, but it took years for it actually to sink in and for me to understand it. It gives me less of a reason to be upset at myself for not being happy, and one that understands that mood fluctuates and It is okay to feel negative things sometimes. Of course, I am no where near happy most of the time, honestly, barely any of the time. But, I am trying to get there and that is about all I can do. 

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcomed Home

   I moved out of my house and into my college dorm yesterday. My dorm is cozy, and honestly not completely horrible. I've got it deco...